After a week at work that seemed to last ten million years, I thought I would treat myself (and my housemates) to some Easter Rocky Road. I noticed that all the Easter Chocolate has graced the shelves of Tesco, Sainsbury’s and Asda, so I decided to take advantage of it and make my favourite recipe!
I discovered this recipe a couple years ago and have been in love with it ever since! It is my go-to “Please-can-spring-come-early-easter-chocolate Rocky Road”.
- 225g dark chocolate (can be milk chocolate, but I prefer this recipe in dark chocolate)
- 100g unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 100g Rich Tea biscuits
- 50g mini marshmallows
- 200g mini eggs
- two bags of mini creme eggs, chopped in half
- Line a tin with cling film. Criss cross two sheet of it so that it fills the tin completely.
- Put the chocolate and butter in a large bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Stir it until it’s smooth and glossy.
- Add the golden syrup and cocoa powder to the melted chocolate and leave to cool.
- Put the rich tea biscuits in a big resealable bag and crush them. I like to do this with a rolling pin, it’s a great stress reliever ;). Don’t crush them too much as you need it to be a little rough, with some bits bigger than others.
- Pour the mix into the chocolate and stir it together.
- Add the 3/4 of the mini eggs and mini creme eggs to the mixture along with the mini marshmallows.
- Stir it all together and pour into the tin.
- On top of the mixture, I like to put the rest of the mini eggs and mini creme eggs as a bit of decoration!
- Put the mixture in the fridge, for at least an hour. Works best if you leave it to set overnight, but if you’re like me and can’t wait that long, and hour should do the trick 😉
- Once it’s set, cut the Easter Rocky Road into chunks and enjoy!