First of all I would like to just say I am so sorry. I feel a bit like I’ve let you guys and myself down because I haven’t really posted much in the last couple of days. It’s been quite frustrating this week as I have been so tired after work that I haven’t really done much else apart from work and sleep and commute – and then repeat. I’m still getting used to it all but I’m hoping to get into a routine and be able to blog a bit more throughout the week, but for now I will aim to get one post out at least once a week!
So for this blog post I thought I’d go an revisit my favourite kind of post and talk about my 5 favourite TV Shows at the moment. I am absolutely loving so many shows at the moment and thought I would share with you some of the shows I am really enjoying and hopefully you can share with me some of your favourite shows!!
*Disclaimer: This is all my own opinion and I have not been sponsored to talk about any of these shows*
- Outlander – I have mentioned this before and I will say it again and again. Outlander is amazing! It has a brilliant concept and some great characters that are just so loveable, it is thrilling. The main concept (without trying to spoil it) is that it is all about a woman called Claire Randall who in the 1940s, just after the war, is reunited with her husband Frank. Frank is a historian who is tracing his ancestors to the Battle of Culloden in the Scottish Highlands. She somehow mysteriously ends up in the midst of the Jacobite Rebellion and ends up in the clutches of a Scottish Highlander Clan. Cue Jamie Fraser and *swoon*. I won’t say anymore as it might just ruin it, but I can tell you now that it is very addictive and extremely entertaining. Not to mention the main character Jamie – Sam Heughan – is quite attractive and makes for good viewing! Any history buff or fantasy lover would really enjoy this show, I would (and have many times) recommend this show to everyone! Okay, maybe not to kids as it is quite graphic in some episodes but it is still brilliant. You can watch Outlander on Amazon Prime with a new episode from Season 3 currently coming out every Monday.
- Riverdale – This is very much a cheesy American teen drama, but I absolutely love it. It is full of mystery and intrigue while also including romance, murder, and some fantastic outfits. Based on The Archie Comics it follows the lives of a group of teenagers that live in a place called Riverdale. The first season follows Archie Andrews, Betty Cooper, Jughead Jones, Veronica Lodge, Cheryl Blossom and Kevin Keller as they delve into the surprising murder of Cheryl’s twin brother Jason Blossom. While season 2 is seemingly taking a bit of a darker turn with a whole host of murders taking place in the town, with no one actually being able to identify the true identity of this masked murderer, The Black Hood. It is a very interesting show and keeps you on tenterhooks throughout many of the episodes and I find myself being quite invested in the lives of the characters on Riverdale. It really is a certain kind of show, and probably not to everyone’s taste, but I have to admit is is incredibly good and very intriguing murder mystery. I am a lover of murder mystery shows that keep you guessing at every turn. You can tune in to Riverdale on Netflix. The whole first season is available to stream and the second season is being released episode by episode every Thursday.
- Dynasty – This show has only just been released and is based on the 1980s show of the same name. It follows the lives of members of a prestigious family called the Carringtons. It is essentially about Fallon Carrington, the daughter of Blake Carrington who owns a massive company (still not sure what they do lol). She thinks she’s going to be promoted to end up taking over the company after her father, but surprise surprise theres a twist and he ends up promoting his new, much younger, fiance Cristal instead. Of course that causes all sorts of trouble between Fallon, her Dad and Cristal and from there it is a rollercoaster of events, drama and revenge. I have to admit is one of my guilty pleasure shows, it is quite cheesy but I am really enjoying it at the moment. Theres all sorts of things that you want to find out about all the characters and there is intrigue around every turn. I don’t think I’m giving it much justice but here is a snippet from the ever reliable source Wikipedia – “When Fallon’s machinations to separate the couple backfire and cost her a promotion, she allies with Blake’s nemesis, Jeff Colby, and strikes out on her own. Meanwhile, the arrival of Cristal’s opportunistic nephew Sam—who becomes romantically involved with Fallon’s wayward brother Steven—threatens to expose her shady past. The Carringtons form a united front in the wake of the suspicious death of Cristal’s former lover, but things at the mansion do not remain harmonious for long.” You can currently watch Dynasty on Netflix, with a new episode out every Thursday as well.
- Peaky Blinders – This show is all about a criminal gang called The Peaky Blinders who worked in Birmingham in 1919 just after the First World War. It centres around the Romani/Irish gang and its leader Tommy Shelby (played by the lovely Cillian Murphy). It is such a good show, I am only like 4 episodes in to Season 1, but I am really enjoying it. It’s all about the politics of gangs as well as the addition of a Chief Inspector who is to clean up Birmingham of Communist sympathisers. What’s interesting about this show is that it shows a different side of the UK after the first world war. It also highlights some of the problems and mental health issues that many men felt after returning from the war. Many, including the main character, have a hard time dealing with some of the things that went on during the War such as flashbacks. It is such a good show, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone that likes crime dramas that are quite historically accurate. Although, saying that I’m not sure if it is (correct me if I am wrong) but it is based on an actual gang that was prevalent throughout Birmingham during that time. You can watch Peaky Blinders Season 4 on BBC Two starting next week on the 15th of November. The first two seasons are on Netflix.
- Stranger Things – Now I am very late to jump on this bandwagon, but I can safely say I am OBSESSED with this show. I originally started watching the first couple of episodes but wasn’t too invested and gave up. Flash forward until just about 2 weeks ago and I decided to give it a shot again. Let me tell you, I love it so much. I binge watched the second season in a day because I was that invested in it. For those that don’t know, it’s all about a group of boys who’s friend Will goes missing one night and there are a series of strange and unbecoming events that follow including the escape of a girl called Eleven from a local government building who has powers, the mysterious disappearance of a girl called Barbara and a weird, scary monster thing coming out of a wall. It is full of intrigue, mystery and all things sci-fi and I love it. A lot happens in the 8 episodes of season 1 and season 2 is just an emotional roller-coaster. I can’t say much more without spoiling the plot of the show, but all I can say is that I was willing to re-watch all of the episodes nearly a day after I’d seen them for the first time. That is definitely saying something in that I rarely like to re-watch a TV show, no matter how much I love it. You can watch Stranger Things on Netflix now.
I hope you enjoyed this little insight into the kinds of shows I like to watch! Obviously there are a million and one more TV shows that I LOVE, such as Jane the Virgin, Charmed, POWER!!! (actually such a good show – not sure why I didn’t choose now tbh). Let me know in the comments below what kind of shows you are loving at the moment! I am always looking for more things to watch.