Carrying on with another autumn inspired recipe, I thought I’d show you how I make this delicious, Sweet Potato and Chorizo Soup. It is a Jamie Oliver recipe but I have changed a couple things (took away the celery as I despise it).
- 2 carrots – diced
- 2 celery sticks – diced
- 2 medium sized onions – peeled and chopped
- 800g sweet potatoes – peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves – peeled and chopped
- 200g chorizo – sliced
- 1 small bunch of parsley
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 chicken or vegetable stock with 1.8L of boiling water
- sea salt and black pepper
- Chop carrots, celery, onions and sweet potatoes. Peel and slice garlic and chorizo. Finely chop parsley leaves and stalks.
- Bring a large pot to medium-high heat. Pour in the olive oil and add all the chopped and sliced ingredients (including the chorizo) into to pot. Add curry powder and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until the carrots have softened but are not falling apart and the onions are translucent in colour.
- Pour 1.8L boiling water into a large jug over the two stock cubes. Stir to dissolve the cubes and add to the vegetables. Give soup a good stir and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover pot with a lid and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the sweet potato is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper. Stir and allow soup to cool slightly. Using a food processor or hand blender, blend soup until smooth.
- Divide into bowls and top with finely diced chilli, salt and pepper.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! It’s such a great meal to have especially on those curl up on the sofa days. Perfect for autumn weekends and makes you feel very cosy! So go try it out and let me know how you get on.