Been following a couple blogs such as Kate La Vie (absolute fave), for quite some time and one thing that I LOVE LOVE LOVE about her posts is her ‘5 Things’ series. Every now and then she’ll post a blog about 5 things; my fave being ‘5 Things: Reasons to be Happy’. Anyway, I thought I would jump on the bandwagon and post a ‘5 Things….’ blog post, either every week or every two weeks.
Today I thought it would be good to look at ‘5 Things: That Scare Me’. Recently, a lot of things in my life are a bit up in the air and I find myself feeling a bit warier and anxious about whats to come in the future.
- Blogging – Blogging and putting myself out there has terrified me more than I thought it would. It is strange putting myself, my thoughts and my life out there for friends, family, and strangers to read and see. Somehow I find it easier knowing they are strangers, but I am having a really tough time showing this blog to friends and family in fear of seeming/looking lame or just another one of those people with a blog. It’s scary, but I am loving every minute of it. The picture on this post was actually taken just after I decided to start a blog and begin something that is a bit more out of my comfort zone.
- Job Hunting – Knowing that when I go home on Thursday, I have no job to go back too is a horrific thought. Trying to find a job and support myself is difficult, especially as a recent graduate. In fear of sounding like this is a third world problem, I find that loads of places just don’t ever reply to your applications. It’s frustrating because I have applied to so many places and just haven’t heard anything back, not even a rejection. I would feel so much better if I just had an email back to say; ‘No, sorry you’re not what we’re looking for’. I think that would make it easier?
- Age – Now I know I’m not even that old, I’ve only just turned 21 but recently I’ve been so conscious of time, age and how quickly time is flying by. It’s terrifying to think my siblings are getting closer to graduating high school and my dog is already almost 2 years old! I just want to stop time and take a snapshot of everyone and everything that is happening.
- Failure – One thing that I’ve struggled with recently is a fear of failure. I am scared of letting people down and not reaching expectations. Since starting University I have become a perfectionist. So much so that the thought of not having a plan or feeling like I’m not achieving anything, makes me nervous.
- Clowns – I have a strange and irrational fear of clowns. I have no explanation for this, no reasoning behind it, not even a bad experience with a clown. I just hate clowns. With the release of the new ‘It’ film, my Facebook AND Twitter feed has been completely inundated with pictures, memes, and gifs and let me tell you, I am not enjoying it in the slightest! Similarly, I am a fan of NCIS and most evenings you can find me watching it on FOX. Coincidentally, this is also where American Horror Story is broadcast in the UK and I don’t know if any of you have seen it, but it has clowns too… not impressed.
One thing that these fears have helped me with, is getting out of my comfort zone, in particular, number 1. Starting a blog, linking it to Instagram and a Facebook Page has been a massive step for me and let me tell you, I am LOVING it. I’m enjoying it so much that I have finally decided that the career I want to embark on is in Social Media.